Approach Navigation Systems has set the standard for navigational aids for the aeronautical industry. is a Canadian corporation providing supplies, installation and maintainance of navigation, weather and communication systems for the aviation, marine and highway sectors. ANS Inc. offers technical consulting services for the safe, efficient movement of aircraft, marine vessels and highway traffic on a global basis. We are growing, and looking for a motivated individual to join our team in the role of Accountant.
The Accountant will be responsible for internal accounting functions and office administrative duties as required.
- Maintain accurate financial records using QuickBooks Enterprise, including transaction recording, journal entries, and ledger management. Prepare and generate financial statements as required.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable processes, ensuring invoices are processed and payments are collected promptly.
- Collaborate in the creation and management of Purchase Orders and Estimates, maintaining accurate and up-to-date records.
- Perform regular bank and Credit Card reconciliations to verify the accuracy of financial data.
- Assist in creating and managing budgets, monitoring expenses, and providing financial analysis. Assist with tax preparation and ensure compliance and filing. Including HST, Workers Compensation in multiple jurisdictions and Payroll Remittance.
- Process payroll for employees, calculate taxes, and maintain payroll records.
- Maintain and update documentation related to the office’s fleet, including vehicle registration, maintenance records, and insurance.
- Administer the office’s safety program by keeping documentation up to date, conducting safety training, and ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Assist with logistics, including coordinating shipments, managing inventory, and facilitating supply orders.
- Oversee insurance policies, including renewals, claims processing, and compliance with coverage requirements.
- Handle various administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, and coordinating office events.
- Coordinate office maintenance and repairs, ensuring a safe and well-maintained work environment.
- Other related administrative duties as assigned.
- Understanding and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Post-secondary education in accounting will be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills to ensure accuracy in financial records.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize deadlines.
- Experience in office management will be considered a strong asset.
This is a dynamic role for an accounting professional looking to help shape the financial future of our client’s business while contributing to the every day function of their head office. Connect with us to learn more about this opportunity or apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking the link below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.